Main Forum

I am a bit confused with my CPU temp readings... Help?

5 replies
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
So I been getting a CPU temp reading of about 60 to 80c on NZXT Cam software on AMD overdrive I get a thermal margin of 30 to 40c and I just downloaded a new monitor (Speedfan) and it is saying my CPU temp is at around 30c (this is all on idle by the way) I changed thermal paste and cleaned PC from dust and that helped a lot and from what I can tell both cam and speedfan are telling me the same temps for the GPU (30c) but when it comes to the CPU it shows different for example CPU temp can be 81c on cam and on speedfan it will show as 31c. So I guess my question here is what program do I trust for readings? I am running an AMD A10 6700 CPU/APU on an old arse FM2 chipset. Any help will be greatly appreciated and I did do some google searching but could not find a solid answer besides downloading a bunch of different programs and I do not really want to do that but will if it is needed. Thank you for reading and have a great day/night :d
Posted Aug 8, 17 · OP
As a cam user I can tell tyou that it will NNOT correctly read temps for that cpu, i would use MSI afterburner, thats a pretty good one that works well for both intel and amd cpus
Posted Aug 8, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
Alright I will check that one out thank you :d
Posted Aug 9, 17 · OP
No problem man
Posted Aug 9, 17
jux ZOM
ZOM Officer
Votes:
Another program you can use to monitor CPU temps is Speccy, it's free from Piriform and displays not only CPU info, but RAM, MOBO, PSU, etc.
Super helpful.
Posted Nov 28, 17
Votes:
+4
Banned users
I use speedfan and rainmeter.....speedfan will show you temps in the taskbar, rainmeter shows pretty much whatever you want on the desktop with an incredible amount of skins to choose from.
Posted Nov 29, 17
Top Posters
30 Posts
29 Posts
17 Posts
15 Posts
Happy Birthday!
Upcoming birthdays (11)
Birthday on Tue 22 Jan, 2019
Churchles ZOM
Birthday on Thu 24 Jan, 2019
skeletor ZOM