Main Forum

Your Thoughts on BF1 Beta So Far

7 replies
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
My thoughts so far is that it is really good and cant wait until its released with DX12 and when I'm done playing BF1 beta I'm glad to get back to BF4, I feel why go backwards in time when BF4 is so advanced with weapons..
To me if anything make BF5 with a ton of new maps and run in DX12..
So in all I'm not going to give up BF4 just yet :)
Posted Sep 5, 16 · OP
I'm way too burned out on Battlefield 4 to enjoy it anymore. Playing the BF1 beta has me really excited, and I quite like the change of pace and setting. These are going to be a really long two months..
Posted Sep 7, 16
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
I agree with being a little burned out on BF4 and one thing for sure is BF1 and DX12 the graphics will be super I candy and that I'm really looking forward to..
Posted Sep 7, 16 · OP
Votes:
+13
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Untagged users
mmm donuts
Posted Sep 7, 16
ZOM Officer
Votes:
+11
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Well,

I really enjoyed playing the beta, and I'm excited about playing the full game when it launches. I'm glad that they decided on WWI as the theme, I think this provides for a very unique feel. My favorite aspect of the game so far is the new melee system, I love how the CQC felt in the beta. I'm pretty sure I fragged more people with a shovel than I did with bullets. Also, the map we played seemed well balanced between the large open area for snipers and armor, and the town where I spent the majority of my time smashing people faces in.

On a more technical note, I had some major FPS problems with the beta. I ranged between 50-70 FPS the entire time, regardless of what I set my graphics settings to (Low Res / Low Settings - High Res / High Settings). I'm pretty sure it's because I only have 8GB of RAM, but I'll list some of my specs on here in case it's something else.

CPU: AMD FX 8350, 8-Core 4.0 GHz
GPU: Radeon R9 290X
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Sig2_1457724937.png
Posted Sep 8, 16
Votes:
+1
Untagged users
One thing for sure is that when the full version is released and we have all the maps and its running threw DirectX 12 it will be pretty bad ass..
Posted Sep 9, 16 · OP
wrote:
On a more technical note, I had some major FPS problems with the beta. I ranged between 50-70 FPS the entire time, regardless of what I set my graphics settings to (Low Res / Low Settings - High Res / High Settings). I'm pretty sure it's because I only have 8GB of RAM, but I'll list some of my specs on here in case it's something else.
This was because of a memory leak, which the devs over at DICE are well aware of, and working to fix it. Should have no problems on release.
Posted Sep 9, 16 · Last edited Sep 9, 16
ZOM Officer
Votes:
+11
Level 1
LEVEL 1
wrote:
This was because of a memory leak, which the devs over at DICE are well aware of, and working to fix it. Should have no problems on release.

I certainly hope so, that might save me some money.
Sig2_1457724937.png
Posted Sep 9, 16
Top Posters
30 Posts
29 Posts
17 Posts
15 Posts
Happy Birthday!
Upcoming birthdays (11)
Birthday on Tue 22 Jan, 2019
Churchles ZOM
Birthday on Thu 24 Jan, 2019